The Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newest episode discussion

4 posters

Go down

Newest episode discussion Empty Newest episode discussion

Post  SiD Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:40 am

eeeyup
SiD
SiD
Admin

https://theroomanempire.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Newest episode discussion Empty Re: Newest episode discussion

Post  SiD Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 am

So, this week`s episode was "Luna Eclipsed"

Personally, I didn't like the way Luna was portrayed at first, but as the episode continued, she grew on me. They did a very nice job of keeping a balance between the fan's "socially awkward/inept, still stuck back 1000 years, just wants to fit in but can't seem to" Luna and an unpredictability.

All in all, I liked it.

Oh, and of course, DERPY!
SiD
SiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird789 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Agreed. She started out rather ruff, but they did a very nice job of developing her in just one episode. I hope it wasn't just ONE episode though and that they bring here back for more. Also I liked her new look. But what bothered me was that fact the none of them (not even the mane six, cept for twilight) seemed to remember that Luna isn't nightmare moon anymore. All in all it was a good episode, I still have the feeling there's going to be a lot of complaining from the fandom that Luna wasn't what they wanted.
firebird789
firebird789

http://firbird759.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SiD Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Also, apart from Lauren's reasoning for Luna's new look, I thought of something else.

Nightmare Night seems to be in fear of Nightmare Moon, and Luna chose THAT night of all nights to show herself. That tells me that that specific night was once a celebration in HONOUR of Luna, if not, why would she appear on the night that people would fear her most? My guess is that Luna believed that people still felt in their hearts the "true" reason for that night.

Anyway, why specifically that night for Nightmare Night? As Celestia has the Summer Sun Festival, which is on the day after the year's longest night, there must be a reason for the date of Nightmare Night. Perhaps it was chosen for the reason of celestial empowerment, on that night, Luna is her most powerful, which would explain the reason her mane is close to that of Celestia's and she has a darker coat, reminiscent of the night sky.

Of course, this is just a little theory~
SiD
SiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarry Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:59 pm

I personally loved this new episode. My only real issue was Luna's new look. For the first thirty seconds of seeing her. She acted cute enough for it to grow on me, and it was more than enough, especially when it came to her learning about how to interact with Ponies properly, to make me think that she has and always will be best pony.

Fluttershy's short little appearance was adorable too; it made me really, really happy; she was acting a lot cuter than even her whole "yay." bit. However, I do agree with Zach; how could they not see that Luna was Luna, and not Nightmare Moon? Could they not have seen that they had taken the evil out of her using their Elements of Harmony? Maybe the spirit of the night got to them; maybe the change in her appearance made them forget. Hell, maybe her voice was more than enough to make them completely forget. Who knows?

All I'm really sure of is that the series is getting much, much better with each passing episode. I hope they have some sort of Christmas special; that would be absolutely perfect.

Anyway, back to this episode: I was kind of disappointed not to have seen Rarity; I would have expected her to have the best costume, or even boasting about how lovely her costume designs had become. Reasoning would tell that she had made everyone's Nightmare Night costumes, right? Maybe she was having an affair with Tom. That would be interesting...

Anyway... Mayor Mare. Seriously? Seriously?

Pinkie Pie may have been acting a little rude when it came to Luna, though with her being the party pony, she was probably just trying to have fun for the fillies' sake. Either way, I kind of found it... Well, rude.

Spike, too, had been perfect comedic relief. A dragon in a dragon outfit. Marvelous.

November 5th is the next episode; I can't wait to see how things will progress!
Zarry
Zarry

http://zarnakitama.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird789 Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:27 am

Alrighty today's episode was "Sisterhooves Social", an episode all about Rarity and her relationship with Sweetie Bell. This episode was interesting. Not so much for the plot, but for what they did with the episode. First off no Twilight, not even a mention. This is a first for the series, and it probably won't be the last time we don't see her, as it's possible to do that now. In season one she had to be there so she could learn something, and send a letter at the end of the day. But now that the rest of the mane six have to write letters the series can move away from her a bit and focus on developing the rest of the cast. Which (based on what we know of future episodes) seems to be what they plan to do.

Anyway, on to the episode itself. Right at the start we get an interesting development, Rarity's parents. One of the few times we get to see a characters family, besides a sibling. Also based on an exchange between Apple Bloom and Sweetie Bell, Rarity doesn't stay with her parents, or at least not often. Based on that, it's understandable why Sweetie was so excited to spend time with her sister, and why Rarity seemed so foreign to it. Rarity lives on her own, so they don't see each other to much. Which is probably why there was so much tension between the two, they don't know each other very well. It was interesting to watch how this played out, and to see there relationship develop, it was definitely a good way to expand on Rarity's character. It also added to her element of Generosity as she was willing to give up on her cleanliness to give Sweetie the experience she wanted at the social.

All in all a pretty good episode, not as good as the rest of season two so far, but not bad. What I liked most is what the episode hopefully is leading into. A season full of development for he rest of the cast. Now that they have to write there own letters, we're most likely going to see more personal adventures and episodes where there's not to much of the cast except for the one being developed. I look forward to see what will come out of this.
firebird789
firebird789

Back to top Go down

Post  SiD Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 pm

As my friend above has said, this new episode has quite some interesting development with Rarity and Sweetie Belle. I may add that Rarity has shown in this episode that;

1. She has quite some patience, even more so than I thought previously. Honestly, many of us would NOT have been this patient with siblings of our own if they did what Sweetie Belle did, regardless of intent. She's shown herself to be more mature than what I could have thought, even for her.

2. Rarity is much more athletic than many of us give her credit for, she was actually able to keep up and mimic Applejack's athletic capabilities, almost to a T. I was not expecting that she would be that able bodied, although I kinda suspected the swap from the
moment Applejack "fell" into the first mud trap, the earth pony could have EASILY made that jump.

All in all this was yet another well done episode, and I'm excited to see more personal development from the others. (Perhaps we get to see the Pie family again?)
SiD
SiD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarry Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Anything I would have said about the main plot has already been mentioned above. A few things I have noticed though:

It seems that Dinky Doo has a sister ( https://youtu.be/Ok1rn5TP-Ws?t=16m1s ). This just brings more speculation & question onto Ditzy's backstory, even if fanbased. Around the end of the race there too, I thought that there was proof of Berry Punch & Ruby just being sisters, though reading the MLP Wiki, it seems that filly's name is Paradise. So who's the mother?
Zarry
Zarry

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird789 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:49 am

OK so, new episode..... TURTLE! SO MUCH SWAG!
firebird789
firebird789

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarry Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Alright, so we didn't do last week; I don't think anyone cared. It wasn't the best, honestly.

Anyway, this week. New song. Already new remixes. I honestly think the new track is the best that's been produced, and considering I've been in love with Winter Wrap Up for the longest time, this is definitely saying something in my books.

Anyway, as soon as I saw the turtle, I had my speculations, especially considering opposites between mates / pets / whatever are pretty cliché. Though, I'm really disappointed she didn't pick the bat; it was easily the cutest, and it suit her almost as well as the hawk. Oh well, I guess~.

One of the best episodes so far! 8D
Zarry
Zarry

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird789 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Indeed the bat was cute and it playing the opening on whine glasses was just amazing. But I love Tank, he can rival Gummy for best pet. Once he put on the shades I new he would be awesome, and then, and then when he became heli turtle/tortoise it was just to much swag for him to not be cool. All in all the episode was really good, just as good as the first 3 episode of this season, which is good as the episodes were starting to dip a little. I hope to see more of Tank soon, and the rest of the pets for that matter. I mean this was the first time we've seen Winona and Owlowiscious since they were introduced.

Also on the topic of last weeks episode, agreed. It wasn't that good. Just a missed opportunity in my mind.
firebird789
firebird789

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird789 Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:52 pm

So this week was the Mysterious Mare Do Well, another Rainbow Dash episode. Kinda weird that they gave her two episodes in a row, but she's one of the more popular characters so it makes sense. It was an alright episode, nothing to significant though. We got to see exactly how far Scootaloo's obsession can go, calling together a whole fan club. Which does lead me to ask, what exactly did Rainbow do to amass such a fanbase? The whole plot of her becoming a cocky hero is a plot that's way over done in western television, so it loses points for that. Mare Do Well was interesting though, kind of being a reference in appearance to Cyber Six and Dark Wing Duck. It was obvious from the start though that it was one of the mane six, and after the dam incident it was pretty easy to guess it was all of them. This episode wasn't bad, but it was kind of pointless since any development they gave Dash, she pretty much already got in the previous episode. So all in all a good episode, just a bit pointless.
firebird789
firebird789

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarry Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Basically the above post.

However, when it came to references, I could easily see big Spiderman and Batman comparisons (As if it wasn't already said by Tumblr). Yeah, there wasn't much development with anyone really, except Scootaloo, I guess, which upset me a bit. As to why they might have made a fanclub, Rainbow Dash did win the competition in Cloudsdale a while ago, but then again, how would any of the fillies know about it? Then again, Dash probably would boast about it, knowing her.
Zarry
Zarry

Back to top Go down

Post  firebird789 Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok so the episode this week was Sweet and Elite, second Rarity episode this season. I actually really liked this episode, they developed Rarity really well in this one. Like the last episode this episode is another stable of western shows, a character meets new "Higher up" people (or in this case ponies) and starts telling lies that exaggerate there life before it all blows up on them in the end. But unlike the previous it changed it up a little. First off Rarity was very reluctant to go to the Wonderbolts show as it meant it would take away from working a Twilight's dress, showing she does care about her friends and not just herself. She does decide to go and to go to all the other events, which leads to a song montage. The new song was good, Rarity has an awesome singing voice, also in the montage we saw Blue Blood again, don't know why Rarity would want associate with him again, but it was a nice touch. After that and more lying on Rarity's part all the others come in, I liked how Twilight liked the unfinished dress, she probably wouldn't have liked the final product anyway. The party starts and we go into another montage of Rarity swamping between the parties before she screws up (bringing the mallet to her friends party) and they learn shes swapping. Twilight was understanding though (thinking Rarity was just making for good business, which she kinda of is) and Rarity is relived and goes to the fancy party, not before Rainbow has the idea to have all them join her.... Cue them ruining the party, didn't they learn anything form the gala? No surprise the sophisticates start mocking the group, seriously does saving the world, twice, AND being the student of the Princess mean nothing in Equestria? It all comes to a head when Fancy Pants asks Twilight where she got the dress, and it's reveled that Rarity knows them. She stands up for her friends, saying there more important then any connections could be. A good episode with nice character development... and a PARTY CANNON.
firebird789
firebird789

Back to top Go down

Post  Dicks Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:09 pm

DICKS

Although the recent episode was great and everyone needs to calm down over Derpy being Derpy.
Dicks
Dicks

http://technicolourclair.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum